Bread & Hearth Artisanal Bakery Café

Note: This is not a sponsored advertorial. All food items were fully paid for.

Bread & Hearth Artisanal Bakery Café
18 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089125

Contact: (+65) 6534 7800
Website: http://breadandhearth.com/
Opening hours: 8am to 8.30pm
Nearest MRT: Outram Park





Matcha Latte ($5.50)

Normal menu: Bacon and spinach quiche

Normal menu: Croissant sandwich with bacon and egg mayo ($5.50), and Gryphon Pearl of Orient tea ($4.50)


Normal menu: Braised Pork sandwich in freshly-baked Ciabatta ($9)


Normal menu, Soup of the Day: Onion soup ($6.50)

Normal menu, Soup of the Day: Mushroom soup ($6.50)

Rating: 4.7/5

My two cents:

This is one of the cafés where I like to hang out at with my friends or just with my laptop! The environment is a lovely place to chill with your loved ones, or even just to work. I love the food, I love the smell of freshly baked bread and pastries, I love their choice of relaxing music.

But what I actually do love most about this place is that everything here is nett price and there is no GST nor service charge!! You may say that I am frugal or a miser, but hey I have an expensive house to pay for and so I pinch and snip whenever I can! #dontjudge

In comparison to the price list at most cafes, I would consider the prices at Bread & Hearth to be very much affordable! The price of the displayed breads are from $2.50 to $6, while sandwiches are priced from $5.50 to $9.90.

Other than the normal menu, the brunch menu is available but only on the weekends. Prices of food on the brunch menu range from $12 to $19.

The place is usually rather crowded during the weekends and the breads are sold out quickly (especially the crossiants!) due to its close proximity to Goethe Institute on Neil Road and The Pinnacle@Duxton which is just across the road.

Thankfully the bakers are quick to replenish their stock so there would definitely be some breads or pastries available at any point in time, just maybe not the one that you had intended to buy.

I know the crossiants run out fast because I have been there a couple of times, sitting in the café from 1-3 hours on each trip. I noticed how many customers would walk in asking for a croissant and would then exclaim in disappointment when they learn that the crispy buttery pastry has been sold out. This only goes to show how good their croissant truly is!

No comments