CANVAS: Review Of The Australian Aromatherapy Beauty Products, Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol & Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask


The soothing scent of roses dominate this beauty product range from CANVAS. We're talking about an aromatherapy-based product that aims to relax our soul, whilst providing us with the essential benefits for our skin.

Containing Australian natural resources, CANVAS is recognised for the high (scientifically-proven) efficacy of their products. Their beauty products contain unique plant species and aromatherapy intelligence which activates the extraordinary benefits of our planet's natural resources.

In this post, I will be sharing more about their Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol and Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask. Read on to find out more!


| About CANVAS

All CANVAS aromatherapy products and skin care series provide a natural and certified organic beauty solution to attentively care for your body and mind. Australian Certified Organic (ACO), the leading certifying body in Australia, has officially approved the aromatherapy products which contain a minimum of 95% organic ingredients.

CANVAS also carries body oils and special skincare products that have been recognized by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), under the Australian Government Department of Health and Aging, assuring all products are of an acceptable standard, and its functions are deliverable as it claims.


| Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol

CANVAS Rose Otto Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol

Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol is an alcohol-free, skin toning hydrosol specially designed to hydrate, rebalance and soothe the skin.

It is made from the precious rose (Rosa damascena) to soothe the skin. It is ideal for dry, sensitive and mature skin and works intensively to moisturise. It is an excellent toner to regulate sebum after cleansing, and prepares the skin for your daily regimen.

Instructions for use: Apply to your face, neck, and even the body after cleansing every morning and evening or when necessary. Can also apply to make-up for an instant dewy look.

Price: $59

Rating: 4.8/5

My two cents:

Best damn toner, that I have ever used in my life!

If you have been following my blog long enough, you'll know that I have a general dislike for toners. This baby changed my whole perception about toners by a 180-degrees.

I am going to cut all the bullshit and tell you what I like about it, and why it has gotten such a high rating from me.

  • This toner is alcohol-free and that is a huge plus point for me. Toners with alcohol have been said to be the better option for those with oily skin (or so it seems).

    Toners with alcohol really does is to severely dry up your skin after the initial "I feel great about this toner with alcohol" phase, and your face ends up over-compensating for the lack of natural oil on the surface layer, thus becoming an oily mess in a couple of hours. And you know what comes after that? Blocked pores, blackheads and acne.

    This toner feels mild on the skin but it is so effective in providing the necessary hydration to our skin. I love using it before I cleanse my face, after my daily shower and as the first step in my makeup routine.

  • It comes in a spray bottle, which literally translates to hygiene and fuss-free. Toners that require me to use my fingertips or cotton pads during application are a huge no-no for me, hence I have always avoided using toners before this.

    The introduction of a secondary surface area (ie. your fingertips or cotton pad) during application means an increased possibility of germs being transferred onto my face. I am extremely paranoid about it because I fear the development of pimples.

    Because the Pure Rose Otto Hydrosol comes in a spray bottle, all I got to do is to spurt two sprays on my face in an X-figure and I am done. It is so easy and I get an even distribution of the product all over my face!

  • This product does not feel oily. It is basically a liquid-base essence that feels light on the skin, tinted with the soothing scent of roses and helps to calm one's nerves down before the start or after the end of a long day.

    They weren't kidding about the aromatherapeutic effect that it provides!

If you are looking for an alcohol-free toner, this one comes highly recommended from me!


| Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask

CANVAS Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask

The Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask is a perfect combination of pure Rose Otto Essential Oil, French Rose and Morocco Rosa Centifolia. This gel mask is designed to brighten, rejuvenates and hydrates the skin for a natural and flawless look.

The signature gel mask from CANVAS restores water in skin and is able to enhance skin regeneration by effectively restoring suppleness, elasticity and luminosity. Skin feels soft, smooth and moisturised and the appearance rejuvenated.

Instructions for use: Apply an even layer to clear dry skin with fingertip, avoiding the eye area. Relax for 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.

Price: $90

Rating: 3.9/5

My two cents:

This gel mask is not too bad, however I do find it to be a tad too pricey for the benefits that it provides. Then again if you compare it to a try to a trip to spa salon for a facial session, this would definitely be a lot more worth it!

The Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask does do what it promises – tone, brighten, rejuvenate and hydrate – but the one thing that makes it stand out like all other products in the Rose Otto range is the aromatherapeutic effect that it carries with it!

This is a mask that is great to slap on once a week, probably on a Friday night, just to reward yourself for surviving the week. You get to pamper yourself with a wonderful hydrating mask and enjoy the relaxing effects from the aromatic fumes of the mask, within the comforts of your own home.

I noticed bits of real rose petals in my jar of mask, which I appreciate and like – brownie points for that! The texture of this mask comes sticky and dries the same. It does get rinsed off easily and I found my skin to be soft and supple as the product said it would.

******

For more information on CANVAS products, check out their site here. CANVAS is now available in Singapore at Takashimaya and on Lazada.

No comments