Exploring Taiwan with YourWifi: A Reliable Source for Steady Network Connection


I recently returned from Taiwan, where I had a two weeks vacation.

It was suppose to be a relaxing trip for Victor and I where we escape the hustle and bustle of life in Singapore. Unfortunately things went severely wrong and we spent half of our trip fussing over me because I experienced two bouts of food poisoning in two different cities.

The food poisoning got so bad that I had to go the A&E at a hospital in Tainan for medical treatment.

While I was in the hospital, I had to call back home and ask my mom about what documents that she would need from the doctor in order to process the claims for my travel insurance (perks of having your mom as your insurance agent yay!).

After I made the call, I felt so grateful to have steady network connection and a smooth whatsapp call.

YourWifi Travel Router Taiwan
Steady network connection at XiMenDing (西門町)

Most people would just purchase a tourist SIM card when abroad, or rely on whatever free wifi connection that they can tap on throughout their trip.

Tourist SIM cards are great, but it can be quite a trouble changing between SIM cards and if you are travelling in a group of two or more, the combined cost of all the SIM cards bought is not worthwhile at all. Don't even get me started on the free (unreliable) wifi connections available in cafés, they are mostly a hit-or-miss attempt and the network connection is usually unsteady – it irritates the shit out of me.

I am glad that I brought a travel wifi router from YourWifi during my Taiwan trip. The connection was immensely strong – we tested it out and I still had connection at 10 metres apart – and the network is definitely reliable.

YourWifi Travel Router Taiwan
Steady network connection at Taipei 101 (台北101)

YourWifi is now running a promotion for selective travel wifi routers. Taiwan, is one of the countries with the ongoing promotion and it only costs SGD $6 PER DAY to rent a portable wifi unit.

The battery life is for about 5 hours (it is highly recommended to bring a portable charger along) and you can connect up to FIVE devices to a wifi unit at any one time.

Quote 《SOPHIE20》 for 20% discount off your rental price

Some other countries on the promotion list are: Japan/Korea at $6 per day, Thailand at $12 per day and Vietnam for $9 per day. You can find out more about their price plans for other countries here.

For more information do check out from YourWifi website, and for the latest updates on their ongoing promotions head onto their Facebook page.


No comments