Marché @ 313 Somerset

Hello y'all!!!

I am currently overloaded with school assignments so I will only be able to post my blog entries once a week! (which also means that I will be having a backlog of entries to write.. boohoo! T_T)

To receive news of the latest update on my blog, please do follow me on either my instagram or my twitter!

A couple of weeks back, I went to town after school to hunt for a dress to wear for Miss Singapore International (MSI, for short). The event has already passed and the theme this year was "A Night with the Stars" ('Stars' as in celebrities! Not the *bling bling* stars in the sky!!)(Rod kept insisting that his aunt meant the *bling bling* stars! -_-)

Rod accompanied on this dress hunt and we went to Marché to have our dinner first. This is the second time that I've been to Marché (both times at 313) and so far, I love the food that they have to offer and the setting of their restaurant!

Marché 313 @ somerset
Level 1, Discovery Walk, 313 Orchard Road
Singapore 238895

Business hours
Monday to Thursday: Restaurant 11:00 – 23:00 / Bakery 07:30 – 23:00
Friday: Restaurant 11:00 – 24:00 / Bakery 07:30 – 24:00
Saturday: Restaurant 10:00 – 24:00 / Bakery 07:30 – 24:00
Sunday: Restaurant 10:00 – 23:00 / Bakery 07:30 – 23:00

A little background info on the place:

"Marché 313 @ somerset has been tantalizing Singapore with delicious European culinary delights from Switzerland. Enjoy fresh, healthy and highest quality food in a tranquil setting of a Swiss Alpine village, painstakingly installed by six Swiss craftsmen from the dismantled original Swiss chalets of the 16th century.

Awarded the “Best of the Best Family-Friendly Restaurants 2010“ on the basis of a customer survey of the magazine “Parents World", Marché 313 @ somerset is a much loved family restaurant."


- Marché® Restaurants

When I walked into Marché for my first time, I was blown away by the setting of their restaurant. It is truly unique and it has this instantaneous calming effect. It made me felt like I was no longer in noisy bustling Singapore and that I was transported to soothing and relaxing Switzerland. Ah~

I love love love the setting of the restaurant! (I know I said it before but I GOTTA SAY IT, ONE. MORE. TIME!)

An artsy photo of Le bf that I took!
Look at the lamp that is above his head! It is so intricate-looking!


At Marché, you'll get to pick a table of choice to sit at (that is, if there are enough tables around for you to choose from! It can be pretty crowded at times!), and on every table, there is a calendar-like flip card stand. Once you have seated down at your table, flip the card to "RESERVE" so that others would know that your table is taken!

I think that this is a brilliant idea from Marché because if it wasn't for this cute moo moo flip-card stand, we would see a packet of tissue or umbrella on every table.
#thesingaporeanwayofchopingseats #kiasusingaporean

Oh and, not to forget the Marché guest card!! SUPER AWESOME IDEA!

Y'know how irritating it can be to fumble between holding a tray of food and your bulky wallet and your precious delicate (smart)phone at the same time? Marché solves the problem for you! All you need to fumble with now is the tray of food and your precious phone and the guest card which takes over the role of your wallet! For anything purchased in Marché, the amount to be paid will first be credited inside the card, and it will be paid for at the cashier counter when leaving the restaurant!

Pictures taken around the restaurant:



Fresh ingredients used!




Cooked vegetable bar. They have a separate salad bar to!

For the sweet-tooth people!

Wild mushroom soup & Foccacia

A closer picture taken of le Foccacia

Grilled salmon steak

Here is a MUST-EAT at Marché: (Potato lovers, you're in for an awesome treat!)
IT'S ROSTI TIME!

So many skilfully-peeled potatoes that will soon be consumed! :O

I counted the number of seconds that the cook took to peel one potato. He took a shocking 12 secs PER POTATO!!!! #peelpotatomaster


I tried taking a photo of the chef flipping the Rosti in the pan...
And I failed.... :(

I tried again and...
I kinda succeeded? (See! The Rosti is sorta flipped in this picture!!!)


And here's the final product:
Rosti and a scoop of sour cream, with an added-on garlic pork sausage!

Look at how juicy their sausages are!!! YUM YUM!

And before I left the restaurant, I realised something..
Each chair is uniquely carved with the word "Marché" at the back of the chair!

Ok, that's all for this entry. More salivating photos to come soon!

No comments