黄昏

I think I finally understand why I can sing 周传雄's "黄昏" so flawlessly.. It was so brilliant yesterday night that everyone clapped. I received so many compliments, so many appraisals.. It was the last song to be sung, and I made the excellence mark required from a last song. As I packed up my things, I could hear that everyone was still humming the tune or singing the song softly. I had successfully inserted the song into their heads, that is my sign of success. Or perhaps the sign of success for every artist. You don't know why, but a song just keeps going on and on in your head. You like it, that is the reason why. Anyway I'm digressing. Too engrossed in reminiscing that moment. 我和他之间的感情.. 就如黄昏一般。

过 完 整 个 夏 天
guò wán zhěng gè xià tiān
After the whole summer,

忧 伤 并 没 有 好 一 些
yōu shāng bìng méi yǒu hǎo yī xiē
my sadness still did not improve.

开 车 行 驶 在 公 路 无 际 无 边
kāi chē xíng shǐ zài gōng lù wú jì wú biān
Driving my car on the vast, boundless roads,

有 离 开 自 己 的 感 觉
yǒu lí kāi zì jǐ de gǎn jué
I feel that I’m getting out of touch with myself.

唱 不 完 一 首 歌
chàng bù wán yī shǒu gē
The song that I could not finish singing,

疲 倦 还 剩 下 黑 眼 圈
pí juàn huán shèng xià hēi yǎn quān
Left me so tired that there are rings around my eyes.

感 情 的 世 界 伤 害 在 所 难 免
gǎn qíng de shì jiè shāng hài zài suǒ nán miǎn
It is inevitable to get hurt in the realm of love,

黄 昏 再 美 终 要 黑 夜
huáng hūn zài měi zhōng yào hēi yè
No matter how beautiful the dusk is, the dark night must follow.

依 然 记 得 从 你 口 中 说 出 再 现 坚 决 如 铁
yī rán jì de cóng nǐ kǒu zhōng shuō chū zài xiàn jiān jué rú tiě
I recall that you said, “Goodbye” with a tone of steel,

昏 暗 中 有 种 烈 日 灼 身 的 错 觉
hūn àn zhōng yǒu zhòng liè rì zhuó shēn de cuò jué
I had a delusion of being burnt by the sun in the darkening dusk.

黄 昏 的 地 平 线
huáng hūn de dì píng xiàn
The horizon at dusk,

划 出 一 句 离 别
huá chū yī jù lí bié
Drew out your line of, “Farewell.”

爱 情 进 入 永 夜
ài qíng jìn rù yǒng yè
Love plunges into eternal night.

依 然 记 得 从 你 眼 中 滑 落 的 泪 伤 心 欲 绝
yī rán jì de cóng nǐ yǎn zhōng huá luò de lèi shāng xīn yù jué
I still remember the tears falling from your desolated eyes.

混 乱 中 有 种 热 泪 烧 伤 的 错 觉
hùn luàn zhōng yǒu zhòng rè lèi shāo shāng de cuò jué
In the confusion, there is an illusion of being burnt by the hot tears.

黄 昏 的 地 平 线
huáng hūn de dì píng xiàn
The horizon at dusk,

割 断 幸 福 喜 悦
gē duàn xìng fú xǐ yuè
Severed happiness and joy.

相 爱 已 经 幻 灭
xiāng ài yǐ jīng huàn miè
Love has already been destroyed.

Destroyed.. that's what it is. Unfortunately for me, I can't seem to forget it nor you. No, I haven't relapsed. I'm just upset. If you know how I'm feeling right now, then you would understand how much that feeling sucks. I'll be better when I wake up after a good sleep. At least now I understand why I can sing this song so well... there is always a reason to everything. You've just got to source that reason out.

So now that I've finally uncovered this clue, what's next?

No comments