It's gonna be a long sleepless night tonight

Here comes a whole stream of pictures with captions along the way. I'm really tired but hey, I'm making an effort to get this out even though it is 5:15AM in the morning right now. So just go with le flow ya? Kay, here goes.

Had dinner plans with Wan Lin and Xinyi yesterday (27/03), and we scheduled to meet at East Coast Park for some awesome food after they were dismissed from work at the Expo. Before that, I decided to make a trip to my old workplace (old because I resigned) to return my staff pass.

And so, while I was there, I decided to take a few pictures with my ex-colleagues who were on shift as a form of commemoration of my working days there. I can't deny having had fun with them. The crapping, joking, dancing and singing, in the midst of working. Grabbing size 44 pants to try on even though I know that it was twice the size of me and hence once I let go of my hands, the pants will just go *shoom* and fall to the floor. Smothering my laughter every time some rich tai-tai takes the $229.90 dress which is freaking long and not nice at all (Note: I used the phrase 'not nice at all' instead of the word 'ugly'. Apparently there is a huge difference in their meanings, but if you are smart enough and have excellent inferential skills, you get what I mean ya?) to try on, and then because of the ridiculous pricing, they don't ever buy it and hence I have to hang it back on its rightful shelf and every time I walk with that long piece of cloth in my hand to hang it back, I'll always trip over it because it is so freaking long!

Okay, back to the point. I know I'm a bad ex-colleague because they were working, and yet I still grabbed each of them to take a picture with me before I left. Heh! Guilty as charged.


Vivi, was the first person I grabbed to take a shot with me. Simply because she was on break and so was the easiest person to grab. Ha! But besides that point, she was one of my favourite colleagues (Yes, I admit to having committed the crime of favouritism. So what? I'm human yo. I have my own share of likes and dislikes. Now buzz off!) and also one of the rare ones with well, f-*coughs* sense.


This is my store in-charge, Pei Cheng. I feel extremely apologetic and guilty towards her because I promised her that I would worked there till July/August and she was all ready to teach me how to be a cashier even though part-timers were technically not suppose to learn cashier. See how nice she is to me! *spam hearts* But during that one month when she was attached to supervise elsewhere, things happened and well, I lost interest in what I was doing. Thus resulting in my resignation. I didn't see a point in working with a reluctant attitude. To me, the line between 'like' and 'dislike' is oh-so fine.


This is ah-boy! HAHAHA, kay his name is Terrence. There is this auntie working in the store who calls him ah-boy, and so I started calling him ah-boy as well. LOL! (Nope, there aren't any pictures of her because she doesn't work on sundays and mondays, but I'll definitely go back someday to take a picture with her! She is another one who is really nice to me, and was most reluctant to see me go. I remember her coming after me saying 'Ah girl! I heard them saying that you are resigning? Why?! You are doing fine here what, why are you planning on leaving?' and all that I could give her as a reply was a shrug of my shoulders. I felt so guilty for doing that! Kay, I'm going back to visit auntie someday, I promise.)


This is my ah-jie, Hui Ping. I guess I started calling her ah-jie because she kinda thought of me as her little sister? Kay, dkdc. She has a fetish for Winnie the Pooh and Mini-Toons. I bought her a custom-made Winnie the Pooh bracelet for her birthday. I was feeling samaritan then.


Linda! Another one of my favourites! She will be one of the reasons why I return to the store, due to a promise that I made with her. HAHAHA! *smirks*


This is Hooi Leng. I remember that on my first day of work, she was the one who guided me, and was ever-ready to help me or answer any doubts that I had. She had this cheery attitude which gave people a positive happy vibe. It was a pleasant experience, working with her.

After having insisted on everyone who were present to take a picture with me, I hastily left to catch the train down to the East to meet with my two babes. And only upon arrival, then Wan Lin told me that I could have taken 961. Kay whatever. Too late ya.

Awesome food:

BBQ Sting-ray


BBQ Squid


Chicken Satay


Yes I know, very little, 3 dishes only, should have ordered more. But hey, don't forget, 3 people only! How much can we eat? What were you expecting? Manchu-Han Imperial Feast?! You've got to be joking.

After our bellies were filled, we took a stroll at the beach. We saw this decent sandcastle which someone build and who had also put up a fencing surrounding the perimeter of the castle, probably to keep out naughty children who couldn't keep their hands to themselves and might ruined their piece of hardwork.


Then, not far away, there was an even bigger sandcastle! There wasn't any light around the area, so it was dark and pretty creepy, hence we couldn't actually see how the sandcastle looked like. However, brave-me mustered enough courage to walk forward and take a few shots of the castle with my camera plus the flash. And tadah!!! We could finally make out what was hiding in the darkness.


I thought it looked like the Forbidden City in China, but Wan Lin said that I was being absurd. *sobs*


And then, our stroll became a really long walk as we searched for xinyi's busstop to get her home. Guess how all 3 of us got home in the end? Bingo! We got home by... CAB!!!! Although we did find xinyi's busstop, by the time we got there, the last bus had already left.. 2 minutes ago. I know, sucks right? Well in life, shit happens! Oh well at least the long walk was a good form of exercise for me to tone down my legs a little. Heh! Plus it aids in food digestion yeah? Kay I think I'm simply finding excuses to make myself think that the long walk wasn't as stupid as it really seems to be. I must admit though, that I like the part when we passed by a street-soccer court and they were blasting Daniel Powter's "(You Had A) Bad Day", and I was singing along to it out loud. Xinyi reckoned that it was a sign that it was a bad day, whereas me and Wan Lin told her that we think she is the only one who thinks that it is a bad day. :x
Because you had a bad day, you're taking one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around. You say you don't know, you tell me don't lie. You work at a smile and you go for a ride. You had a bad day, the camera don't lie. You're coming back down and you really don't mind, you had a bad day. You had a bad day.

I shall end this entry with a nice quote that I got off tumblr.


xoxo!

No comments