I hate you DURIAN!

DAMN YOU DURIAN! it's all your bloody fault!


like what i said earlier.
i went into Malaysia to collect the durians from my grandfather's farm.
and half an hour ago.
my parents told me to help open the durians.
i agreed. and i ended up bleeding now,
thanks to the goddamn UNRIPE durian.
after opening about 2 of the durians.
my dad gave me one of the durians and said.
"Open this up. it should be EASY to open."
i was like..
"ALL RIGHT MAN! finally i get to open one on my own."

(the durian which i was given)




i grabbed the durian knife and started stabbing the durian.
STAB STAB STAB!
normally, for durians which are ripe. they would split open easily.
thus, revealing their golden-yellow fleshy fruits.
HOWEVER. for this goddamn durian.
which was suppose to be EASY to open.
no matter how i stabbed it.
no matter how i cut it.
no matter how much force i used.
no matter how much i tried to pry it open.
IT JUST SIMPLY WOULD NOT & COULD NOT BE OPENED!
i even took the spoon from my mother
which was supposed to be used to scoop up the durian flesh
& tried using it as a lever so as to open the goddamn durian!
the spoon got all bended and was close to getting destroyed in my hands.
and yet.
THE GODDAMN DURIAN STILL REFUSES TO BUDGE.
IT STILL WOULD NOT & COULD NOT BE OPENED!!

seeing the state of how frustrated i was at the durian.
my parents kept laughing at me.
they said why couldnt even i opened a durian.
i stared at them & said.
"why dont you try?"
so my dad took over me and tried opening the durian.
and. HA! it was my turn to laugh at my dad.

(my dad struggling with the durian)



(my mom's worried expression!)


my dad took the durian knife from me. & started his turn of..
stabbing it.
cutting it.
prying it open.
using his mighty force against that small green thorny durian.
and guess what! the durian still refuses to budge.
my grandfather stood at one side and watched us.
he was also laughing at the sight of our state.
with all the stabbing, cutting & prying.
the durian still refuses to give in.

(my grandfather staring at us.)



eventually,
my dad gave up on the durian and chose to pick on another durian first.
to my amazement!
the rest of the durians were very easy to open.
with a stab of the knife, and a small twist.
the durian splitted open easily.
while he was busy opening the rest of the durians.
i was still picking on that obstinate durian of mine.
kept snatching the durian knife from my dad to stab it.
used all my might to pry it open. yet, it was of no avail.
on one of the attempt to pry it open.
the durian slipped, thus,
the thorn scratched my thin finger skin.
and naturally, as like all human beings,
drops of blood started appearing from the scratched wound.
i stared at the wound, looked at the durian and felt a burst of fury in me.
HOW DARE THAT DURIAN NOT OPEN AFTER CAUSING ME TO BLEED!

(yeah, small wound it is. but still. every single drop of blood is precious alrights!)



i started swearing & cursing at it.
that idiot obstinate stupid durian is the cause of my precious blood!
finally, my dad decided to try his luck on that durian again.
together, we managed to pry it open!
(YEAH! the work of a father & a daughter together!)

but guess what.
THE DURIAN WAS UNRIPE! damn it.

(the insides of the unriped durian!)




felt completely disgusted when i saw the unriped insides of the durian.
i was even more mad when i realised that.
after trying for so long.
after losing a few drops of my precious blood.
THIS DURIAN WAS ACTUALLY UNRIPED?!?!
what a waste of time & my blood.
bother! i guess this is life.
you've got to take some & give some.

(my aunt enjoying the GOOD & RIPED durians.)

(my dad savouring the taste of the durians with delight!)




at least, there were other durians.
and they turned out to be pretty fine.
well, not like i ate it.
my aunt, parents & grandparents ate it.
but not me.
i only like opening durians. not eating them.
i find more joy & fun in opening then eating.
the complete opposite of my sister!
pretty sad that she has to work the night shift today.
if not, she'll get to enjoy the stinky fruit.
yeah yeah yeah. i know that the durian is the king of the fruits.
yeah yeah yeah. i know its famous for its "heavenly" smell.
but still. IT STINKS TO ME!

P.S. i guess i got to take plenty of pictures after all! (:

No comments